The Philly Distance Runners will be meeting this Saturday (Jan. 30th) at 8:30 AM for a 12.55 mile run that is known as the “Philly Jawn Run”
Starting at Franklin square at 6th and race St’s this run will race over the Ben Franklin Bridge, through Fairmount, towards Lloyd Hall, across the Schuylkill boardwalk, down South Street and ending back at 6th street.
The group says they plan to hit some iconic Philly running spots, so get ready for a great run with some great views.
Turn by turn directions from the group:
- Start at the corner of 6th and race. (Franklin square)
- Head over the Ben Franklin bridge and back to 6th and race
- Right turn on 6th street head north to fairmount
- Left turn on fairmount heading west
- Follow fairmount out to Kelly drive
- On Kelly drive head north to lloyd hall
- From Lloyd hall head towards the river and southbound onto the Schuylkill river trail (heading towards the Schuylkill banks and center city)
- Continue on to the Schuylkill boardwalk
- Follow the boardwalk til it ends at south street
- Head east on south street to 22nd street
- Left turn on 22nd street heading north to Christian street
- Head east on Christian street to 2nd street
- Turn right on 2nd street heading south to Washington.
- Left turn on Washington heading east to Delaware.
- Left turn on Delaware heading north to race street. Left on race street heading west to 6th street.
All paces are welcomed as the group says “fun will be had”
Check out the route on Map My Run here