If you’re a fan of Craft Beer and Running (and really who isn’t?) then you are in luck! Our area has a number of races coming up this summer hosted by some of the best breweries around. You won’t want to miss these!
Check them out!
May 13th: Weyerbacher Hill Challenge 5K
The Weyerbacher Hill Challenge 5K is a part of the “Earn Your Beer Series” unique events partnering with some of the best local Lehigh Valley Breweries. Each event is unique in distance, location and SWAG. This race starts and ends at the Weyerbacher brewery in Easton, this is a challenging but super fun course with great after party.
May 28th: Levante 5K
Location: West Chester
Triple Threat is back! Put together a relay team or do the 5K. Or, better yet, do both. All participants get a Custom Pint Glass. All finishers who are 21 or older get a free adult beverage. In the relay, each person will run a one mile leg and then hand off the “baton” to the next person. The race will be chip timed so each person’s split will be recorded online.
June 3rd: Fox Trot 5K
The Fox Trot 5K returns for it’s 4th year! Race Starts and Finishes from Sly Fox Brewery with a FREE GABF 2015 Silver Medal winning Grisette Summer Ale Beer to every runner. Enjoy live music all day at the finish line festival with lawn games such as Cornhole, Life Size Beer Pong and Kan Jam! Family friendly fun the whole day.
June 10th: Funk 5 Miler
Another race as a part of the “Earn Your Beer Series”. The run starts/ends on Ridge Ave about 2 blocks from the triangle. Runners take a big loop around the neighborhoods in Emmaus for an open road course. Then celebrate at the after party in the triangle with live music and Funk Beer!
September 9th: Flying Fish 5K
Location: Somerdale, NJ
Of course, the Flying Fish 5k starts and finishes from Flying Fish Brewery in Somerdale, NJ. It is timed perfectly for the release of the 2015 GABF Silver Medal winning Oktoberfish Fest Beer. So, this is guaranteed to be a party. Race includes:
- Official Beer Mug for all finishers with Oktoberfish sampling for every adult runner!
- Live Music from 10am-4pm!
- Lawn game zone with Cornhole, Life Size Beer Pong and Kan Jam.
- Food Trucks and vendors all afternoon at Somerdale Day Festival.
- Family Fun Zone with Moon Bounce and more
October 8th: 5,000 Yards Dash
Location: Penns Landing
No craft beer race list in Philadelphia would be complete without one that includes Philly’s favorite brewery, the Yards Brewing Company. You will see that this is the must do race of 2017! Runners receive the following:
- Unique 5,000 Yard (not meter) Distance – PR almost guaranteed.
- Food Trucks and Live Music at the Finish.
- Race Along the Delaware River Waterfront.
- First race approved to run along Penn’s Landing
- Unique Craft Beer Glass to all finishers
- Free Yards Beer to all Finishers (21+)
- Exclusive Metal Coaster with bottle opener to all Finishers