Save October 9th on your calendar because Philly’s Newest Race is sure to be the hottest race of 2016!
The Great American Brewery Runs series is coming to Yards Brewing Company on October 9th, 2016 and you will not want to miss it. The 5,000 Yards Dash is sure to be the most unique in the City and you are definitely going to want to run it. Here’s a taste for why:
- The race starts and finishes at Yards Brewing Company, Philadelphia’s hometown brewery!
- Note the unique 5,000 yard (not meter) distance. So, a PR is almost guaranteed.
- Food trucks and live music at the finish.
- Race along the Delaware River Waterfront. The 5,000 Yards Dash is a completely new course for Philly runners!
- First race approved to run along Penn’s Landing. Run along the Delaware River, passing the historic ships Moshulu, USS Becuna, and USS Olympia, pass the Independence Seaport Museum, and enjoy sweeping views of the Ben Franklin Bridge.
- Unique Craft Beer Glass to all finishers.
- Free Yards Beer to all Finishers (21+). Of course a Brewery run has a beer garden at the finish line. So, your finisher’s glass comes full.
- Exclusive Metal Coaster with bottle opener to all finishers. This unique bling will be the envy of your friends and is useful as heck.
Best of all, the 5,000 Yards Dash benefits local Philly Charity, Philly Achilles. Achilles helps local athletes with disabilities to compete in races by finding guides to help them navigate or racing wheelchairs to help them roll.
As you see, registration does not open until April 5 at 10:00 AM. But, you can sign up for the wait list at www.5000YardsDash.com and be given a chance to be one of the first to register. Both local races in the series sold out more than one month in advance last year. So, you had better mark April 5 in your calendar as well!
Founded in 1994, Yards Brewing Company began as a garage-sized brewery in Manayunk crafting English-inspired ales. The Philadelphia-based regional craft brewery now serves PA, NJ, DE, Eastern MD and Northern VA markets. Yards brews eight year-round beers, including the award-winning Brawler and ESA, in addition to several seasonal and limited release offerings. Located in Northern Liberties, Yards’ Tasting Room is open seven days a week and offers free brewery tours on weekends. Yards strives to practice social and environmental responsibility in all aspects of company life and is proud to be Pennsylvania’s first 100% wind-powered brewery. When you enjoy Yards ales, you support your local economy. Drink Local. Brew Unto Others. Learn more at yardsbrewing.com.
The Great American Brewery Runs are the best of running and craft brewing. We partner with the best local craft breweries to develop races that celebrate the craftmanship and dedication of those breweries and the beers they produce. Like the brewmasters we partner with, we take great pride in our races. So, all races are professionally timed, courses are measured to the inch, and each race is executed with the same dedication they have to their beer.
Each race is also a festival, with live music, brewery tours and food vendors. So, after you finish, you can relax in the sun, drink a beer and celebrate two of your great passions – running and beer.